About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Monday, January 12, 2009

And the work begins..... :)

So I was not able to blog from Michigan like I had hoped, but the training went really well! I enjoyed myself and I met a lot of great people. The training was about 4 days long and it went all day, every day. It was kind of like school, but no tests! The sessions we had throughout the day were about and hour or two long and the teaching was awesome. I learned so much about ministering and about myself. I am excited to put some things into practice! I have to raise my own funds through SEND. The amount is large, but I know that God can do anything and if this is truly His will for my life, then I know the funds will come in. It will be a very busy semester with school, work, raising funds, and everything else I have to do in preparation for spending six months in Japan. It should be an exciting time, that FLIES by!

Today was the first day of school. My winter break was so short and busy that I don't feel like I really had a break. That has actually been a good thing cause I am still in school mode. I am taking 15 hours (I was hoping to take less), but it is my last semester!

Yesterday we commissioned my pastor and his family to the mission field. They are going to serve in Africa through the International Missions Board. They are off to training for several months and then to Africa for 4 years. It was a bittersweet time. They provided so much inspiration to me and they have been able to pass on their passion of missions to many people at our church, me included. I am so grateful that I was under their leadership for almost four years. God led me to Hamlin for many purposes and they are one of them! So if you think of it, keep them in your prayers. They are Jim and Teresa and their three younger children, Gracie, Anna, and Rebekah are going too. Also, my good friend Erica and her husband Grant are moving to Indiana today to start in youth ministry. It is a big change for them, and their little Addi, but they feel like this is God's plan. They both have a lot of offer to a church.

A lot of changes have happened, but these changes also mean new beginnings! I am looking forward to see what God has up His sleeve. It is always amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment