About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Friday, January 16, 2009

What a week!


First of all, this is one of my favorite pics! This is me (in the middle) and my two beautiful sisters, Kerry and Alicia! Love you guys!


Every time a new semester of school starts it is very stressful and this week has not been different! It has been very bust, but really I have been blessed. My roommate and awesome friend has not had such luck! In short she has gone through 2 surgeries, 2 visits to the ER, and several doctor visits, but hopefully after tonight things should settle down!


The main thing that is on mine mind is the 'Miracle on the Hudson' story. I am sure everyone has heard this story a million times already, but I love this story because God's hand can be seen in every aspect of it. I don't know the soul of any of the people on the plane, but after surviving this ordeal they must believe that something, someone kept them alive. I have watched a lot of media coverage on this story, but my favorite moment was on The Today Show this morning. A group of passengers were being interviewed and they were talking about how everyone was praying aloud. Then one woman said, "I am a born-again Christian so I began to pray." This brought tears to my eyes because of her boldness. Yeah, I am sure most people would admit that they were praying in that moment, but how many would be so bold to claim that they were born-again Christians. This extra statement just adds much more!


Speaking of blessings, I have felt them this week. I have been reminded daily, hourly of God's greatness and His love for me this week. No, this week did not go perfectly, but if we are following God's will and acquire a heart of thankfulness, then we can see God working in our lives every minute! My life would be empty, I would be worthless without Him!


Well, thanks to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I do not have work or school on Monday so I am looking forward to a three day weekend. Maybe I will get some school work done. Maybe.....

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking this morning that it's just amazing about all 155 people surviving that ordeal. I can't even imagine what that would be like; I mean, that's a worst fear for me, crashing into water, whether by car or plane. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing friend! I didn't mean to pressure you about it last night. But I feel blessed to be let into your little blog world. I Love you!

    ReplyDelete