About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

In JAPAN!

Hello! I am sorry it took me a while to blog from Japan, but I have been pretty busy getting settled in and recovering from the flight. However, I made it perfectly fine and everything is going fantastic. Tuesday (the day I arrived) I rested most of the day. Wednesday I was able to stay in the house and me and the other two girls who are going through orientation with me went through some information to prepare us for our time in Japan. Today we went to the Imperial Palace in the center of Tokyo and did a prayer walk for all of areas in Japan and then we went to the oncen (public baths with hot tubs) and ate sushi. Today was very tiring, but it was all good experiences.

I am staying with the SEND short-term coordinator and his family. He and his wife have 5 amazing kids and their house is wonderful. They have provided for us very well. The two other people going through orientation at the same time are Miho and Tariho. Miho is very Japan and she is going to Bible college in Canada. She is here for a six week internship for her school. Tariho is from Michigan and is also attending Bible college in Canada (a different one than Miho) and is here for 6 months like me! We are all at different churches, but we should be able to keep in contact while we are all in Japan.

Tomorrow we are going to hand out tracks at different shrines and temples and then head to the
SEND Center here in Japan. We will spend the night at the Center than head to Okutama Bible Chalet for the SEND family conference. We will be there until the end of the week.

Thank you so much for your love and support! Keep praying!

Love, Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time so far! Glad to hear you made it safely! Love ya and praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete