About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Long time, No blog!

Hello Blog Followers! I hope this finds you all well. The past few weeks have flown by and I cannot even begin to describe them! God has blessed me time and time again. I will leave for Japan on June 22nd from Sacramento, CA. I will fly to LA and then a 12 hour flight to Tokyo. I will be leaving for CA on June 16th to visit my friend, Jacinda. I am excited to see her and spend time in California. Then, off to Japan to serve my Jesus. When I arrive in Japan, I will stay a few days with a missionary family and then head to Okutama Bible Chalet (the Bible camp) to attend the SEND Family Conference. This conference is a yearly event where all of the missionary families in Japan can get together. That will be a great experience to get a good idea of what is done in Japan. Then, I will travel to Yokohama to start my work at Shonan Nozomi Christ Church. I will spend a few weeks at the camp during the summer, but I will mainly be at the church.

God has provided ALL of the funds for the trip. I knew that HE was the only one who could do it and HE pulled through BIG time. My benefit sale on Saturday could not have went better. I was able to raise (with the help from family) $2200!! I wish I could share with each and every one of you how God has confirmed this call again and again in my life. I thank each and every one of you for your generous giving, but most of all your PRAYERS! I know that I am lifted up by a lot of people and without the prayers nothing would have been possible. Thank you for believing in me, but most of all believing in God's Mission!

I will blog before I leave for CA, and then from CA! Pics to come. LOVE, MANDY

1 comment: