About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Past Several Weeks

I am horrible at this blog thing! :) I don't take the time to do it right. Maybe that should have been my New Years resolution! haha

Well, support raising is going well. I am speaking at churches every weekend I can. The response is still awesome! Last week I spoke at Bado (my home church). It was a fantastic opportunity to tell my story to people that know me so well and let them know what part they played in my life! Hopefully I was able to encourage and challenge them. For next couple of weeks, I am not speaking at churches. This week I was supposed to be doing a Disciple Now weekend, but my grandmother passed and I will be with my family. The next weekend is Easter and I am getting my wisdom teeth out a few days before Easter so I figured it was not a good idea to talk for any length of time!

As I mentioned previously, my grandmother passed away. She passed away April 1. Her name was Edith Delaney; she was my mom's mother. It is a very sad time in my family, but how much I wanted her to be with Jesus. I am so grateful that we have the promise of eternal life with Jesus if He is in our hearts! What a comfort it is for me and my family to know she is know resting my Jesus' arms! Please keep my family in your prayers, specifically my mom, Nancy, and her two sisters, Judy and Betty. If you would like to read me about Grandma, you can visit my cousins blog. It is on my sidebar and it is titiled Heart Prints. She is much better at blogging and writing! Thank you for Melissa for your memories (the tears they have caused) and the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Believe me, I bawled as I wrote, but it's helped to kind of process some of the feelings, some....this is just so hard; I thought I had mentally and emotionally prepared myself a long time ago, but I can see now that I wasn't ready. But on the other hand, I'm so, so glad that she is not suffering at all now; she's happy now. Love ya, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete