About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Trinity Freewill Baptist Church

This past Sunday I had the opportunity to share my need with Trinity. The current pastor is Donnie Wells and he was the past at Bado for several years. It was such a blessing! I never thought I would walk out of the church feeling so encouraged. Just the service itself was a blessing. Donnie allowed for people to sing any special songs that they felt led to sing and then there was a wonderful time of testimony. I spoke for about 20 minutes what was on my heart and it was well received by the congregation. I also had the opportunity to speak with a young girl who surrendered to missions last year. She is a junior and college and so far ahead of where I was at when I was her age! I am proud of her and I do not really know her! It was a blessed night!

This coming up Sunday I am sharing with my church in Springfield, Hamlin Baptist. This church is near and dear to my heart so I am excited about telling them what is going on. I have already shared with them several times, but they are going to take a love offering this week so pray about that.

Yesterday SEND contacted me and asked if I could be IN Japan by June 22nd. There are other short-term missionaries arriving at that time and that week is the SEND Family Conference and they want me to attend that. I, of course, said yes! So that is overwhelming that I am actually getting a date set! I am behind on my support raising, but I have decided that if I do not raise the full $19,000 (which I have faith I will by the time I leave) I am going to stay until my account is empty. Also, my second newsletter should be mailed out next week so be looking for that!

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment