About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Ministry the Past Week

Hey everyone! I am sorry I have not been updating lately! I need to make that more of a priority. The past week or so has been really good! I had English class week and it went great. I have led two classes now and everyone really seems to enjoy it. My first class was very challenging to the students, but they really enjoyed it because they are not used to it. They were able to learn a lot about the US and learn a lot of new words. I promised them that the next class would be easier so I decided to play Scattergories with them. I intended it to only last half of the class and then move on to something else, but it ended up lasting the entire class! They had a blast with it and they were still talking about on Sunday! It was a great game to have fun, for them to learn a new game, and for them to learn new words and how to spell them correctly. On Sunday, someone came up to me and said - I have a tv show that starts with an "s" - Spongebob Squarepants! And it would have been two points!! haha They had a lot of fun. After each English class there is a short chapel message. It is usually a good time of sharing and learning more about eachother and from eachother. I always enjoy this time!

This week I am leading the English Bible study! I am excited about it. The pastor will not be able to attend so he asked me to do it. I am really looking forward to see how it goes. I hope I get to do it more later on! The cooking class is also this week! I am so excited about it too. I have only been able to attend one class since I have been here, but it was a blast last time and I am sure this time will be even better. Belva Kotlarczyk (my connection with Japan and SEND before I came) leads this class and I think she is making zuccini bread!! It is going to be great!

I am awaiting my approval to stay for the second three months. My Visa expires in about two weeks so I should be finding out this week if I am staying or going. No matter what I have to leave Japan at some point to renew my visa. If I stay in Japan for the second three months then I will leave for about a week to another country - probably Taiwan. If I do not get approved then I will be home in two weeks. I am pretty sure I will be staying, but nothing is final yet. Please pray that I will get to stay and I will be able to reenter Japan without any issues! Thank you so much for all your prayers!

Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment