About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Yuko San - Part II :)

Hello All!

I wanted to update you on how my lunch date went with Yuko San and Manami San. IT WAS AMAZING!!! God was in the center of the conversation. God is working so hard in Yuko San's heart and she is like a sponge, trying to soak as much up as possible. I told her that she was an encouragement to me - who has been a Christian for 16 years! I told her that I wish Christians in American would act like she does and she has not even accepted Jesus yet. She is taking the steps to fully understand and then she will be ready to take that next, very important step.

She had many questions about what she had read in the Bible so far and other questions like - "How long am I supposed to pray?" Some questions do not have exact answers so it was hard, but God provided the right things to say. She also was wondering how she would feel when it was time to ask Jesus to come into her heart. She can barely talk about Jesus or the Bible without crying. She is so moved by what she is learning. She is already telling many people at her work and her family about Jesus. I answered all the questions as best as I could and Manami San was able to translate everything. It was so awesome! It is awesome to see God working right in front of you!

This is what ministry is all about!!!!! Even if this was the only good thing that came out of my time in Japan - which is by not the only good thing - everything would have been SO worth it. To see God working, to touch some one's heart, to be so encouraged! It is so worth it to give a few months of my life up and live in Japan for a while.

Thank you so much for your support! Please pray for Yuko San. When I told her that many people in American would be praying for her she started crying again! :) She is an amazing lady. I told her I want to take her to America and use her as an example to other Christians!

Have a great Sunday (it has ended for me)!
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for Yuko San and you. Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete