About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Allison

I love it when God uses other people to minister to us! I love to see His faithfulness in action! Last Saturday I was walking out of Wal-Mart (my least favorites place!) and I saw a table set up with some merchandise on it. I noticed the sign on the table said, “Teen Challenge Women’s Ministry”. This intrigued me because women’s ministry is my heart and my passion! So I walked over and started talking to a young woman who was standing at the table. Her name was Allison. Allison had been a meth addict for 7 years until she found her way to Teen Challenge Women’s Ministry. Through this program she has been off of meth for 6 months! Praise God! She obviously still has a long road ahead of her. Anyone who has ever been addicted to anything knows the struggles that lay ahead of her. However, she has let Jesus take control of her life. Her eagerness was shown by the simple “Good Mornings!” she was yelling across the parking lot even when it was freezing and spitting snow. How many of us would be so eager to show Jesus’ love and hope in this type of setting! I think many of us would view this as an obligation, but not Allison. Her newness in Christ allowed her to be an effective witness for the Kingdom. I ask you to pray with me for Allison. She has 8 months left in the program before she is done. Pray for her strength to finish out the program and her strength for when she leaves. Pray for her relationship with Jesus Christ. Pray that the relationship only strengthens and she is able to reach many people for her Jesus. Pray that God sends accountable people her way so she has a strong support network to help her through the low times and rejoice with her through the victories!

Teen Challenge Women’s Ministry is a program for women 17 and older. This program takes in women who have life-controlling situations like addictions, eating disorders, depression, and self-mutilation. The women stay at the program for 13 months and during this time the women are taught how to work through their issues by first focusing on God. They are also taught how to deal with their situations and learn life skills that will stay with them after they leave the campus. This program is free of charge for the women who come to the program. There is not one yet in Missouri, but there is one in Arkansas and over half the women in Arkansas are from Missouri so there is real need for on in Missouri. There are also these programs directed towards men and there are five men facilities in Missouri. Pray that the funds are raised to begin the program in Missouri and it has the same success other facilities have. Praise God for people who are willing to develop these programs for women who are hurting and Praise God for giving these women the willingness to admit their weaknesses and seek help in a Christian setting.

My dream would be to work at one of these facilities! I know of several different programs around the country that offer these types of services to women who are hurting. Like I said before, my heart is for women like Allison, women who don’t know where else to turn, women who feel like all hope is lost. There is an answer and there is hope! His name is Jesus! During these hard economic times these programs are flourishing! Many people are giving their time and money to help women in need so let this be your glimpse of hope for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment