About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

In my personal devotions I am in Psalm. I have really been enjoying each Psalm and I am encouraged by David’s rejoicing even in the darkest of time. David supports the fact that no matter what situation someone is facing, God will always be there to fall back on. Throughout the entire book of Psalms this is mentioned again and again.

My favorite Psalm so far is Psalm 30. I am not for sure if it just really applied to what I was going through the night I read it, but every time I have read it after that I fall more and more in love with it. It is 12 verses, but I am going to type it all out so you can get the full effect of it now.

Psalm 30 (NIV):
1 I will exalt you, O Lord, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. 2 O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. 3 O Lord, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit. 4 Sing to the Lord, you saints of his; praise his holy name. 5 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. 6 When I felt secure, I said, “I will never be shaken.” 7 O Lord, when you favored me, you made my mountain stand firm; but when you hid your face, I was dismayed. 8 To you, O Lord, I called; to the Lord I cried for mercy: 9 “What gain is there in my destruction, in my going down into the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it proclaim your faithfulness? 10 Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me; O Lord, be my help.” 11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, 12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.

There are so many things in this passage that the reader can point out, but to spare you from reading all of my thoughts I will only mention a couple of things. God’s favor does last a lifetime. Even though we are so unworthy and even though we are sinful every day, through Jesus we are blameless in His sight! He has given us the victory, too! Even when we are in the darkest times, God is right beside us. He is with us through thick and thin, like a best friend (only better!). He is our foundation, even if we fall into the pit. We fall into His arms if we have Him as a firm foundation. So whatever struggles you are facing today remember that God is right beside you and He cares. He wants to provide comfort and turn your wailing into dancing! And if you are doing pretty well today, don’t forget to praise His! Praise His Holy name if you are in the pit or on the mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment