About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gomen Nasai

Gomen Nasai is "I'm sorry" in Japanese. Sorry that I have negelected this blog in the last week or so. However, I have good reason! haha I was at English camp at Okutama Bible Chalet. First, was the kid's camp and then the adult camp. These two camps of been the highlight of Japan so far! It was an absolute blast to minister to the kids. I was an assistant English teacher for the kid's and I filled in wherever necessary. It was nice to not be really in charge of anything, but able to observe and learn more about the Japanese people. There were 60 kids there and several of them recieved Christ by the end of the week which is a huge blessing. Many of these kids come from very spiritual dark homes where they do not see or hear anything about their Maker. It was sad to see the realities of Japan, but it is good to understand why ministry in Japan is so hard.


A few hours after the kid's camp ended the adult camp began. Yes, I was tired, but it was so worth it. I enjoyed the Adult camp even more than the kid's camp. I was an English teacher and an assistant team leader. The adults were so excited to speak and learn English, but more than that their hearts were so open to hearing the gospel! A few of the adults that came to the camp were Christians and it was a humbling experience to watch them talk with the non-Christians who were seeking. The Christians spoke with such bravery and gentleness. They wanted everyone to know what God had done for them. During the team time (where the campers split into groups and discussed the messages) many of the Christian campers took over the discussion and were probably more effective than what the missionaries would have been! It was great to see God work. He was working in each camper's heart! Again, I enjoyed learning more about Japan and the spiritual warfare that exists in the this country. On the surface, it may seem like Japan has it all together. Many people know that Japan is not a Christian country, but I think that many people do not realize the spiritual darkness this country is in! Once you break the surface and really look into the lives of the Japanese people, there is so much hurt!!!! There is no one to explain this hurt to someone who has not experienced it firsthand. I still have a hard time putting my mind around it! Japan is a HURTING nation that needs to know our Lord, but thier hearts are so hardened that they are not letting Him in. Please pray for Japan! Pray that God will move in this nation and people will begin to seek Him! Enjoy the pics!
3 girls at the kids camp
The infamous Riku! He was in too everything, but he was so funny!
Mogu - she was in my English class and she was so sweet!
Chie and Me - Chie attended the Adult camp. She is a seeker, but feels a lot of pressure from her mom to become a Christian. She feels like if she becomes a Christian it would be giving into what her mom wants. Please pray for Chie.
Me and Rika - Rika was in my English class. She is a sweetie. She attended church, but we believe she is not a Christian. Pray for Rika,too.

No comments:

Post a Comment