About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Friday, July 31, 2009

No cattle to be seen, but a bag of feed?

To the average Southern Missourian this -




would be none other than a bag of feed. Not in Japan. This is how some buy their rice! As I helping prepare dinner tonight, the person I am staying with took a bowl and scooped rice out of this bag and then put it in the handy dandy rice maker and a few minutes later, you have the best rice ever! haha I wish I could bring back the rice, rice maker, and rice scoop with me!

Today was a fairly good day. It was very cool with a nice breeze so that was good since I did some walking. I went to the station today to do some shopping and then took the train to church. I spent a few hours at church talking and spending time with the pastor and his family. Yamanaka sen se is the pastor and his wife is Meg (for short). They have three kids: Yuki (5), Kohki (3 on Sunday!), and Koto (1). It is two boys and one girl. They are a great family so I enjoyed spending time with them. I then walked down the BIG hill to the station to catch the train, but also took a detour to the post office. By the way, this was first time to the post office and I went by myself and I do not speak Japanese! AND the postcards and packages got mailed. Am I good or what? haha I also received letters in the mail. THANK YOU AUNT BETTY!!!!!!!!!!!! The letters were great and I hope to write you a letter in the very near future.
I then came back home and had a wonderful time of prayer and Bible study. Dinner wonderful. At least it was better than last night when I had to eat raw tuna. Yum! haha It was not that awful just wrong. :)

Tomorrow I am going to met up with some friends and spend the day with them. I am so excited and if the weather permits, fireworks is on the agenda for the evening. On Sunday, I will attend my church for worship service (and Mr. Ichimura will be coming with me so that is good news!) and then I will go to an English church service in the afternoon. Yamanaka sen se's wife, Meg, introduced me to a girl named Mari. Mari teaches little kids English. She is married to an American and they attend an English church service so I am looking forward to that. I will also help Mari in the next month or so with her English classes. English is popular to learn in Japan, but there is a need for native English speakers.

Well, it is almost time for bed on my side of the world! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment