About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Update

Well, it has been an interesting couple of days. On Friday, the pastor's wife and I went to a kids English class for the their children. It was a good time and I may have an opportunity to help in that class in the coming weeks. Also, the teacher and her husband go to an English church service so I am hoping to attend it soon.

On Friday evening, I switched to a new home. It was a very, very hard adjustment because the couple speak VERY little English. They try, but most of the time I have no idea what they are trying to tell me. I decided that I needed to take a break from everything new and different and come back to the short-term coordinator's home. I was able to talk to him and his wife about everything that was going on and it was good to talk to people who know and understand everything I am feeling. I am hoping a few things will change to make things a little easier, but we will see what God has in store. I have been at their home since Saturday afternoon and I have been a completely different person. Life is so much easier here!! Last night the coordinator's wife and I went out to the mall and walked around for a bit. I also had the best night of sleep I have had all week so that was a blessing. Today, Sunday, we went to their house church. It was a great time of fellowship with other believers. One of the members brought a friend that was on his way back to the States. He is living in Kentucky now and he was back in Japan visiting. After the service he was headed to the airport to get on the plane. I kind of wanted to go back with him! haha

The plan for know is to head back to my church tomorrow. I am hoping that things will be different because to be honest I am sick just thinking of going back. It is has been a hard road, but I will try my best to get through it! Next week is English camp!! I am really looking forward to that.

Thank you for ALL of your prayers. I know many of you know my situation and many of you are praying. I am sorry if I feel like I am complaining or something, but this is really hard and it helps some to get it off my chest and to know people are praying for me and rooting me on!

Love, Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Love ya, Amanda; hang in there! God knows whatever you are going through and whatever lies down the road. Just lean on Him....it may be hard, but hang in there....great things lie ahead for you!:) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete