About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Great times in Yokohama!

Hello Blog friends! I hope this all finds you well. Yesterday Miho (my friend that is staying with me right now) and I went to the Bible study. It was a good time of fellowship with church members and then we met up with two of Miho's friends that were in Yokohama - Nat and Zum. They showed us around Yokohama and we ate at tgiFridays and Starbucks! Yeah for some American food! It was great to get to know more people. We came back for supper at the Ichimura's which was also good.

Today we had another English class. There were 10 women there and 5 or 6 were non believers so it was wonderful time of fellowship. I am looking forward to meeting with all of them again. They had a potluck lunch for Miho and me. It was all amazing. It was funny how Japanese food tests better after having American food yesterday! haha This afternoon Miho and I took a 2 hour nap! Now we are getting ready to eat Korean BBQ with the Ichimuras.

Last night as Miho and I were helping Mrs. Ichimura prepare dinner, she got a small dish of rice and took it into another room. I asked Miho what it was for and she told me the alter. Mrs. Ichimura took it into the alter and gave it to the gods. Apparently, the god was not hungry because the rice was still in the bowl after dinner and she threw it out. Miho and I can both sense evil in this house and it is scary. I am scheduled to be staying in this house for the majority of my time in Japan. While I am more comfortable about it now, I am still a little concerned. So please pray for the Ichimura's. They are obviously non-Christians, but the pastor claims they are open to the Gospel. Pray that I a will be able to influence them in a positive way and they will begin to come to church. There is quite a bit of a language barrier between me and them which is frustrating, but pray I can show them Jesus! The only light in this house is Miho and I. However, God is bigger than the enemy and He has already won the battle!

Love,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Keep persevering! All the food you're getting to try sounds so yummy!:) Still praying for you! Love you.

    ReplyDelete