About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Blessed Weekend!

This past weekend was amazing. I had two very fun filled days that were very different from each other. On Saturday, I met up with a missionary family and spent the day with them. We spent time in Tokyo for a while and then traveled to their home for some good conversation. Then, we headed over to one of their friend's homes to enjoy the attraction for the evening - FIREWORKS. The fireworks were a little different from America, but it was pretty close. They were really pretty and it was great fellowship. After the fireworks, I got on a train for a two hour ride home and arrived home about 12:30 am. Long day! haha However, it was a great day!

On Sunday, I went to my church in the morning and Mr. Ichimura came with me so that was a blessing. After church, we had lunch at church with other members. I am finding that bringing a lunch and eating it at church after the service is very common here. In the afternoon, I went with a friend to an English church service. It was an amazing blessing! The pastor and his family were from California. It was an international church so there was people from the States, China, Africa, and Japan of course. There may have more by I am not sure. There was a worship band and they did a great job with the worship songs. The message was great and then they had a dinner afterwards, too. I met a lot of great people. One girl, Eriko, is actually moving to Missouri in a year because her fiance (an American) is working in Kansas City. She was so excited to meet someone from Missouri! haha

Today has been cleaning day and catch up day. I am getting ready to work on my newsletter so that will be coming out before the end of the month. So I just wanted to update you on my great weekend! Hope yours was as good as mine!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Amanda, You have a very nice blog here. You may also enjoy the many testimonies of our Lord and Savior at http://wetestifyofchrist.blogspot.com. God bless!

    ReplyDelete