About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Japanese Cemeteries

So because my family was in charge of taking care of the Bado Cemetery, we all pay more attention to cemeteries than normal people. :) So, I love looking at them in Japan. They are interesting to me. Because of the lack of space in Japan, virtually everyone is cremated. People do not have a choice usually. So the lots are smaller than the cemeteries in America. Also, there is no grass! No mowing, Dad! Wahoo! haha Here is a picture of a cemetery I pass on the way from my house to the station in Chigasaki:


I know that not many people will find this interesting and some may find it really weird, but I thought it was interesting so I shared it.
Most things are going good here. Today was prayer meeting at church. I always enjoy this time because it is an intimate setting with a few people in the church and we are able to get to know each other better. Meg (the pastor's wife) and I went into Yokohama and ate at Friday's and did some shopping. It was fun to get to know her better. I have started on my gifts for everyone and their brother back home! haha I really enjoyed buying the them today though! Tomorrow is English class. Mr. Ichimura (the person I stay with) is going to come to English class and he is going to even bring a friend. This is another opportunity for him to hear the gospel. When I asked him if he enjoyed church last Sunday, he said, "Yes, church is always nice, but I have a hard time understanding God." Please pray for him as he has many opportunities to learn about God. Thanks again for all of your love, support, and most of all PRAYERS. I think I may not have lasted 6 weeks if was not for them. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment