About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Mt. Fuji

I know many of you have heard about my adventure climbing Mt. Fuji. It was quite the adventure and I am so glad that I got to do it! I am not sure if I would ever do it again, but it was a wonderful time. I went on Tuesday(8/11) with 4 friends. We started climbing the mountain about 8 at night and arrived to the top at about 3 in the morning. We started early so we could make our way up to the mountain at a slow pace and not be rushed. It worked pretty well for all of us. All 5 of us arrived at the top so it was a successful trip. Once we got to the top we rested for a while and ate so food. Then it was time to enjoy the sunrise! It was beautiful!!!! The pictures will not begin to show the beauty of God's creation. We stayed at the top for a few hours just resting and enjoying the scenery. We then began to head down the mountain about 7:30 or 8. It took us about 3 hours to get down the mountain. The worst part of the whole trip was the WIND and the COLD!!! It was freezing and then the wind just made it so much worse. During the trip up the mountain it was all I could do not to get blown off the mountain. It was kind of scary, but I tried not to think about it too much! The wind actually blew me over once and my knees are proof of it! haha All in all, it was a great time and I did better than I even thought I would. I am so glad I got to experience it. Enjoy the pics!

Caleb, me, Tariho, Brandon, and Alisha before we started climbing.



Brandon, Caleb, me, Tariho, and Alisha after we arrived to the TOP!



Me, Caleb, and Alisha passed out at the top! haha

The beautiful sunrise.

Tariho and I in the clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment