About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

It is a HOT Friday in Japan!!

I do not think I will ever appreciate A/C like I do in Japan. When I am in a house with A/C, it is a miracle! haha I never really thought that homes in Japan would not have A/C. I just assumed they would. I mean Japan is a well developed country with many people, right? Yes, but they do not have A/C like we do in America. Most homes will have a unit or two, but it does not quite do the job that central air does. haha However, I am very thankful for a roof over my head and my own room where I can have some privacy.

Yesterday, I had English class again. I always love the days when I have class so that I can continue my relationships with the members. Mr. Ichimura went with me to English class so he heard the gospel again. He also brought a friend who had not really heard the gospel before. So it was a good day. The members of the class always love to hear about America and how Americans do things. They sometimes are shocked at the differences, but it is fun to learn about the different cultures. I really enjoyed it. After English class, I started home. This journey consisted of a 10 minute walk to the station, a 10 minute train ride to the next station, and then a 30 minute walk home. I could ride a bus instead of walking from the station to home, but I enjoy the fresh air and exercise. Plus, it is less stressful for me because I always just pray I am getting on the right bus! haha A couple of time I have not, but I have always figured it out. Mrs. Ichimura came home yesterday afternoon from her vacation so that was nice. We cooked dinner together which is one of my favorite times of the day because I learn so much in the kitchen and it is good bonding time!

Today, I am going to attempt to write my newsletter for all my supporters. We will see if it gets done! ;) Then tonight, Mrs. Ichimura and I are going to dinner in Yokohama with some friends. Hopefully, it goes well! I hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment