About Me

My photo
I am serving in Japan as a missionary for 6 months. God has provided the way and the funds for me to go and now it is time to GO TELL! Follow my journey through this blog and learn how God is using HIS servant in Japan!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Off to camp!

Hey,
I just thought I would leave you with a quick update. I got back from my "vacation" on Monday and I have been getting ready to leave for camp again. Today, was my English Bible study. There were fewer people there this time. It was probably because of the holiday. However, it provided a great time for some one-on-one attention with the unbelievers. I really enjoyed it. I also received some great packages in the mail! They came from Nokie, Erica, and my family. Thank you all for the awesome packages. They made my day even better! Also, thank you to Aunt Betty who so faithfully writes to me! The letters mean so much! I have finished packing for camp and I will leave around 7:30 in the morning. It will take about 2 and 1/2 hours to get there so it will be a long train ride once again. It will be at camp for four days. I am going to be an English teacher and an assistant counselor. I am teaching first-level senior high students. I am really excited about the camp. Camp is always a great time for me and I meet so many great people. I will head back on Saturday afternoon. I am not going to take my computer to camp this time because it is too hard to carry everything with me so I wanted to give a quick update on what is going on. Pray for camp and the 24 Junior/Senior High kids that will be coming. It is going to be a blessed week!

Thank you for all your love and support. I will update about camp when I get back!
Love,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers. I pray that you will have a week packed full of blessings. God is using you, Amanda. Isn't it wonderful what great things God brings into our lives when we let Him have control.

    ReplyDelete